Throughout our lives, our body is in movement and adapts to the daily life. Movement is life. The posture that we adapt in our daily life (at work, at home, doing sports, carrying heavy objects) and certain traumas and emotions (falls, accidents, stress) can modify the healthy function of our body and create tension and blockages. Osteopathy works on restoring the body’s optimum health by concentrating on loss of mobility and tension on all levels of structure of the human body. Dysfunctions are corrected by relaxing joints, muscle, ligaments, tendons, viscera and tissue tension helping the body to correct itself through homeostasis. Gently and painless osteopathic techniques are used to reduce pain, restore mobility and improve general health. The techniques used will depend on the patient’s condition, the type of problem and tissue reactivity.
Common conditions for which people seek osteopathic treatment include:
- Acute and Chronic Low back pain, mid-back pain and neck pain (lumbago, stiff neck)
- Neuralgia, pain of nervous origin (sciatica, femoral neuropathy, occipital neuralgia, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome)
- Muscle spasm
- Generalised aches and pains
- Hip, knee and foot pain (Trochanteric (TFL) syndrome, Patellar tendinosis, Plantar fascitis with or without Achilles spur, Achilles tendinosis)
- Shoulder, elbow and hand pain (Supraspinatous tendinosis, Rotator cuff tendinosis, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow/lateral or medial epicondylitis, carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Arthritic pain, joint stiffness and pain
- Rheumatic pain
- Minor Sports injuries and tensions, rehabilitation of sports injuries (tears, sprains, tendonitis)
- Pain due to injuries related to working positions (repetitive strain injuries)
- Tension and Cervicogenic headaches (arising from the neck), Migraine prevention
- Posture related pain
- Circulatory problems
- Digestion problems
- Inability to relax
When to consult
It is recommended to consult an osteopath as soon as symptoms appear.
It is also advisable to have a regular osteopathic assessment (2-3 times a year) for prevention and to avoid the accumulation of tensions and trigger pain. The osteopathic assessment involves the verification of posture; and treatment to address the stresses and strains of your daily life and activities with the aim of improving your quality of life.
English speaking Osteopathic Clinic Nice – Roquefort les Pins
Location, opening hours and how to contact us
The English speaking osteopathic clinics in Nice and Roquefort les Pins are opened from Monday to Friday from 8am-8pm, on Saturdays from 10am to 2pm. Emergencies are usually taken on the same day and home visit are also available.
For an appointment call Katie D’AGOSTINO, Osteopath D.O. MROF on 06 60 51 23 42 or email email@example.com
English, French, Italian and Spanish spoken
Osteopathic Clinic Nice
80 Rue Marechal Joffre, 06000 Nice
Osteopathic Clinic Roquefort les Pins
1157 Route de Notre Dame, 06330 Roquefort les Pins